Saturday, January 15, 2005

Difficulty getting restarted

Have not painted much in a while. We have a beeswax candle (Jamerson's Crafts) business that takes up a good bit of time and energy over the Christmas holidays. Had difficulty getting settled and doing anything much. Played around with some old "dud" watercolor paintings-I couldn't hurt them and might even improve them. That was not the case this time. I went ahead and covered them with black acrylic paint as a base and used a feather and some old plastic cards cut into various sizes to apply metallic and pearlized paints. Scraping the paints on with the cards lets some of the black background show through and the feather paintings add a lighter, wispy touch. I enjoy working like this- very relaxing. Many of these paintings aren't that great when looked at a few days later but I do enjoy making them. I need to come up with another use for them. Maybe collage? They really do have some beautiful colors and textures. Too good to waste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home